Certainly! Here's a list of the "lies she told herself" (or believed) throughout her weight loss journey, as described in the text:
Early Lies (Before and During Initial Attempts)
-
"I'm fat because I'm lazy or don’t want it badly enough."
-
"My diet isn’t that bad." – Because she ate salads, avoided fast food, and bought organic.
-
"Maybe it’s just bloat, hormones, or salt." – Minimizing the issue.
-
"I don’t have time for this." – Overwhelmed by stress and schedule.
-
"I just need more willpower." – When struggling, she blamed herself rather than the method.
-
"If I’m not perfect, it’s pointless." – One mistake meant total failure.
-
"If I say no to food, people will think I’m weird, rude, or obsessed."
-
"This plan worked last time, so it’ll work again." – Despite burning out and regaining weight.
-
"Maybe I just love food too much."
-
"Maybe I’m just hungrier than normal people."
-
"Once I hit my goal, I’ll finally love myself and everything will be perfect."
-
"Maybe my body is meant to be at this weight."
-
"Maybe I need to suffer to lose weight."
-
"Something is wrong with me." – Believing she herself was broken, not the approach.
Midway Lies (Spiraling & Rock Bottom)
-
"I can’t track food again, it’ll make me obsessive."
-
"It’s not the plan, it’s me." – Shifting blame inward after multiple failures.
-
"If I was broken, it’s not my fault." – A subtle lie that offered comfort but also made her feel powerless.
-
"Nothing works for me." – Despite not giving new things a full, fair try.
Later Lies (Even After Some Insight)
-
"Trying keto again will work now that I have a better relationship with carbs." – A disguised version of an old strategy that didn’t align with her real lifestyle or joy.
-
"I love food more than others." – Until she noticed she was just more mindless around it, or used it for emotional regulation.
-
"If I go all in and it doesn’t work, I won’t survive the disappointment." – Fear holding her back from trying gradual change.
-
"1% change is too slow—it will take forever to be happy." – Belief that small steps delay joy, instead of realizing joy can begin now.
-
"I can't enjoy life until I lose more weight." – Delaying life experiences (e.g., bouldering, travel, photos).
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen